LAY FUNERAL PLANNING TROUBLES TO REST
Not only do families have to cope with the loss of a loved one, but arrangements also have to be made for the burial and all aspects of the funeral. Funeral Assist has carefully considered all the requirements of funeral planning and offers services that assist the bereaved family with the facilitation of the burial.
- Location of the deceased
- Overnight accommodation for the next-of-kin in order to identify the body (up to R500)
- Repatriation of remains to a place of burial, at no extra cost (only in SA)
- Referral to a pathologist if an autopsy is required
- Referral to a reputable undertaker
- Assistance with funeral arrangements
- Advice and assistance in obtaining death certificates and border-crossing documentation
- Interpretation of legal documentation such as funeral policy
- Referral to counseling services for support and coping advice
- Funeral products and services ordered through the call centre will receive a 10% - 20% discount. Discount valid for coffin purchase, removal of deceased, storage and preparation, legal documentation, funeral programs, hearse, family car, transportation of the deceased (within a 50km radius) and grave preparation.